Task- Drive awareness for the KCF variants (Mango, Almond & Honey etc.) through various social channels leading to trials. The second task was to build and promote Real-Chef 2.0 as an activity for customization (an activation to source recipes through UGC).
Approach- We proposed to promote the variants (flavours) story with promoted posts, animated GIFs, cinemagraphs and 5 sec videos on Facebook along with YouTube prerolls and interactive mobile banners leading to a trial page.
Almond & Honey Facebook posts-
Banana flavour Facebook posts-
Mango flavour Facebook posts-
Brownie Delite Facebook post, Looping video # 1- It’s a Facebook video of a kid is chomping away at his bowl of Brownie Delite. Below on the screen you can see the progress bar coming to the end of the video. But just before it reaches the end the child reaches out with his hand and pulls it back as though he has rewound the video.Pack shots and Super keeps re-appearing too: Breakfast Toh Kar Ke Rahenge. This can also work as a YouTube pre-roll.
Brownie Delite Facebook post, Looping video # 2- It’s a Facebook video of a kid relishing his Brownie Delite breakfast. After a while, a hand appears on the screen to take the bowl away. The minute the bowl is dragged away the kid starts protesting. Once the same hand pushes the bowl back in front of the kid, he starts eating again. Every time the bowl is taken away and the kid cries, the pack shot appears with the slogan ‘Breakfast Toh Kar Ke Rahenge’. This can also work as a YouTube pre-roll.
Brownie Delite Interactive mobile banner-
Customization, Real-Chef 2.0-
Insight- Whether it’s the fussy kids or an easily bored husband, demanding friends or difficult to please in-laws, the words Kuch naya khaana hai never fazes a mom. With years of experience and a knack for experiments, the modern mother always has a trick or two up her sleeve when it comes to food. It’s this wizardry in the kitchen that has gotten her out of many tricky situations. These magical skills should not just be applauded but need to be celebrated too.
How it works | Phase I-
- Chef Ranveer Brar and last year’s RealChef winner will star in a video that will call out home cooks from around the country to send their unique recipes using Kellogg’s Corn Flakes.
- Kellogg’s will partner with a prominent Indian food channel such as Fox life, Living Foodz, etc. to promote the call for entries video.
- Recipes will be collected on the RealChef landing page, Facebook and SMS while twitter, YouTube pre-rolls and Instagram will be solely used for promotions. (Promoted posts on Facebook will be used too).
- For 30 days, the contest will be heavily promoted. Once the recipes come in, Ranveer Brar and a panel of judges will shortlist 8 recipes that showcase inventiveness, taste and innovative use of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes.
Promotion- A tentative script for calling out entries-
The film starts with an ordinary housewife going about her day. She hears a subziwala calling out from outside and casually opens the curtains to see if he is there. As she opens it, she is surprised to find out paparazzi all over her porch. She quickly shuts the curtain.
Cut to a shot of another woman casually browsing the isles in a super market when she goes on to take something from the shelf. Suddenly people start coming to her, asking for her autograph.
Cut to a kitchen where Ranveer Brar and Salma Godil (Last year’s winner) are standing and looking at the camera.
Salma- “Becoming Kellogg’s RealChef made me a star.”
Ranveer Brar “And now it’s your turn. Kellogg’s is looking for its next REALCHEF. Are you the one?”
[Super] Send in your Kellogg’s Corn Flakes recipe today and get a chance to win a world food tour and the title of Kellogg’s RealChef. Visit www.kellogg’s.in for more details.
Promotion- Facebook posts-
How it works | Phase II-
- When the 8 finalists are selected, a weekly web series (simultaneously featured on a food channel) hosted by Ranveer Brar will begin. Each week two finalists will face each other in an ultimate cook-off. Both finalists will cook their signature recipe and a blind tasting will choose 1 winner each week.
- At the end of 4 weeks, we will be down to 4 finalists. In a grand web/tv event, all cooks will once again fight off with their own unique recipes and each dish will be given marks based on presentation, innovative use of corn flakes, taste, inventiveness and x factor, and whoever scores the most out of 50 will be declared the ultimate winner of RealChef 2.0.
[Role of food bloggers]-
- During the recipe collection phase, food bloggers such as Monika Manchanda and Nandita Iyer will be utilized to record videos where they tell tips and tricks to work with corn flakes in daily cooking.
- In the web series, same bloggers will be utilized as mentors for the home cooks. These bloggers will guide home cooks in their plating skills and give them tips on how to defeat their opponent.
- Other YouTube influencers such as Manjula’s kitchen and Kalyan Karmarkar will create a few unique recipes to inspire home cooks and post it on the Kellogg’s Facebook and YouTube page.
[Role of the food truck]-
- At the start and during the web series, RealChef Food Truck will go around key hubs around metros to give people a taste of all the final 8 dishes. Turning spectators into active participants, people can tweet about what they are having at the truck tagging their favorite contestants to cheer them on.…
How it works | Closing the campaign-
The grand winner of RealChef 2.0 will win a dream food world tour. A food adventure across the most iconic 7 countries known for their amazing food. Apart from getting featured on tv and web series for 5 weeks.
The 8 finalists will get featured on Tv/Web-series and will also win a kitchen makeover.